Two's A Crowd
Comedy drama about two idiot actors who become a delightful double act against their will.
Two's A Crowd
Two's A Crowd is a comedy about two actors thrust into each other's lives when they are inadvertently cast as delightful double act, there's only one problem... they really don't like each other.
The film, a proof of concept for a full TV script, is the brain child of Angus Castle-Doughty and Andy Burse who met each other in the chemistry read audition for Netflix's Shadow & Bone. After being cast together, it soon became clear that the two were not only going to be good friends, but on the job itself more-or-less inseparable... but what if that wasn't the case? And so they immediately set about writing Two's A Crowd.
For a detailed look at our vision as well as a plot overview and casting inspirations, have a look at our tasty tasty info pack below!
The reason we are making this film is simple really:
- We really believe in the TV script and think that with the right film we can put it in front of the right eyes, collaborating with some brilliant artists along the way
- It gives the two of us an opportunity to share the screen together again as an encouragement to future productions to consider us as a pair in the future.
- We also love being able to employ a whole host of artists in a time where work is at a premium.
We are more or less putting our money where our mouth is with this project having paid for a large amount of pre-production already, and with little experience being on this side of the camera we have surrounded ourselves with experienced creatives who both believe in the project and as the two of us as actors, from the Casting Assistant that brought us together in the first place, to a highly experienced DOP.
We are hoping to raise £8,500 to help pay for:
- Our wonderful cast, some of which we have grown up watching on TV (still getting our head round this to be honest!!)
- Our talented crew, who are the unsung heroes on a set.
- Production equipment (that makes us look like better actors than we actually are...)
- Insurance! Because Andy is a danger to himself and everyone around him.
We won't lie, that's a lot of money, but we like to think about is as 2,286 flat whites (roughly the amount that Angus drinks in a morning). We also know this is a pretty rough time, particularly for those attached to any creative industry, so if joining us financially in this project isn't something you can manage, following and sharing our campaign on socials with your mates would be equally as wonderful.
We are also committed to making this film and paying our team full fees regardless of the investment we receive so please know... no investment is too small - every little helps! You can back us for the price of a coffee if you like or you can join the Team in a larger way. We are offering some rewards that’ll make things official, like changing your relationship status on Facebook:
- £10 - Monthly news letter updates on the film.
- £20 - PDF Of the script
- £30 - MP4 of the finished film before public release
- £40 - Joint package of a PDF of the script and an MP4 of the finished film
- £50 - Q&A With the two creators Angus and Andy
- £100 - Special thanks at the end of the film
- £100 - Join the cast as an extra in the cafe scene
- £750 - Associate Producer credit rolling at the end of the film
- £1250 - Executive Producer credit, we will bow down to you as our overlord and bend to your every will.
We've already had an amazing response to announcing that the two of us will be working together again, so even following this campaign would mean a lot to us. Spread the word on social media; tag us in your posts, share the campaign video on your stories, just get the word out! A financial investment would alleviate a large portion of the anxieties we are feeling, and mean you backed this project from the very beginning. We have full ambitions to one day make this as a TV show, but even if that doesn't happen at the very least we are making a brilliant film with brilliant people.
Risks & Challenges
We could write down here that we are well experienced in overcoming challenges and making films... we're not. BUT we have surrounded ourselves with a team that are experienced and have picked up some awards along the way. Angus is also the Artistic Director of an award winning Theatre Company so has experience in leading projects, albeit in a different medium.
Other Ways You Can Help
Follow us on socials (@doughtyafg @andyburse1 on Insta, @DoughtyAngus @AndyBurse on Twitter) and spread the word! Share the video and if you like us, tell your friends and family! If you don't like us, feel free to tell your enemies and nemesisisis.
Firstly, a HUGE thank you to everyone that has already backed Two's A Crowd. The response has been incredible and we are very, very touched by it.
We are (as of this moment) 106% funded, which is utterly unbelievable!
Thank you to everyone that has backed us, shared the crowd funder and generally believed in a couple lads that often find it hard to believe in themselves!
Things moved so quickly yesterday that it was impossible to keep updating our page but unbelievable in under 24 hours we are already 85% FUNDED!
(Excuse our picture saying 80%, we breached the targets in the middle of the night!)
Amazingly we are already 25% funded! Thank you SO much to everyone that has already backed Twos A Crowd. To get to this point at what is effectively day -1 of the campaign is amazing!