"The Regular" is an exploration of idle thoughts and dark recesses of the mind. The short examines the conflicting interaction between infatuation, sexual desire and religious devotion.
The titular Regular is an unassuming, ordinary individual who is consumed by a multitude of weighty thoughts surrounding her sexuality. She is struggling to accept her attraction to the Waitress, and goes to
Who we are?
Bairé Studios [pronounced BY-RAY] are an all-female, multi-ethnic collective of artists and filmmakers. We have a passion for amplifying dynamic narratives and underrepresented experiences.
What the funding is for
With our crowd-sourced funding, we'll be taking care of outstanding invoices for our incredible production team and our wonderful cast. We'll also be tending to our editing and post-production costs related to festival fees and marketing.
Any surplus will go towards establishing The Collective as a legal structure and will go towards providing our collective members with resources such as laptops, screenwriting and editing software fees to help us continue to create on our own terms.
Bairé Studios Team
- Lola Michaels - Director of Photography
- Rute Gomes - Production Sound Mixer
- Mojola Akinyemi - Script Supervision/Runner
- Rheanna Bayley - Set Design
- Gulcan Kerey - Script Supervision
- Florence Akinwunmi - Costumier
- Samia Yusuf - Executive Producer
- Naima Elmi - Still Photographer
- Amy Summers - Music Supervisor / Sound Design
- Tshelane Reid - Creative Director / Casting Lead
- Carly Corrine - Beauty Lead